MAGIC Grants is a public charity that provides undergraduate scholarships for students interested in cryptocurrencies and privacy, supports cryptocurrency public payment infrastructure, and supports privacy.
Newsletter and Discord
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
MAGIC Grants offers undergraduate scholarships to students interested in cryptocurrencies, regardless of pursued degree. Applications typically open in late March and close in mid July. Click here to learn more.
MAGIC Funds and Public Infrastructure
MAGIC Grants supports various cryptocurrency networks, which we believe are essential public payment infrastructure. MAGIC Grants empowers communities to set up MAGIC Funds for various projects deemed essential. These Funds are semi-autonomous and can choose to fund various qualifying activities, including educational materials, essential developer maintenance, research, and security audits.
Announcements and Updates
- Progress on Firo's Security Retainer with HashCloakFiro fuzz tests have significantly greater coverage, and HashCloak identified security issues with Lelantus Spark and suggested fixes.
- Announcing our 2023 Scholarship Recipients!Three students were selected for undergraduate scholarships for the 2023-2024 school year.
- MAGIC Grants Approves Security Retainer with HashCloakThe security retainer focuses on building out Firo’s fuzz testing infrastructure, expanding unit test coverage, and augmenting Firo’s existing PR review process.
- 2023 Scholarship Applications Are Now Open!We are distributing three $2,000 scholarships to undergraduate students who are interested in cryptocurrencies.
- Session Research Campaign Against Messenger CensorshipMAGIC Grants is helping Session research ways for messenger applications to circumvent state-level censorship
- Aram Jivanyan to Research Elliptic CurvesAram Jivanyan is working on improving Lelantus Spark, with an aim to get anonymity sets in the millions
- Special Election for MAGIC Monero FundMajesticBank has been removed from the committee due to inactivty, and a special election will occur for their vacant seat
- MAGIC Monero Fund 2023 Election ResultsWelcoming monerobull, MajesticBank, and artlimber to the committee
- MAGIC Grants Receives $200,000 Donation from Arcadia for Firo EcosystemThis generous donation will go towards research, development, security reviews, and more in the Firo ecosystem
- MAGIC Monero Fund 2023 ElectionVoter applications and committee candidate announcements are now available for the MAGIC Monero Fund committee election in January 2023