MAGIC Grants is a public charity that provides undergraduate scholarships for students interested in cryptocurrencies and supports various critical cryptocurrency public payment infrastructure.
Newsletter and Discord
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
MAGIC Grants offers undergraduate scholarships to students interested in cryptocurrencies, regardless of pursued degree. Applications typically open in late March and close in mid July. Click here to learn more.
MAGIC Funds and Public Infrastructure
MAGIC Grants supports various cryptocurrency networks, which we believe are essential public payment infrastructure. MAGIC Grants empowers communities to set up MAGIC Funds for various projects deemed essential. These Funds are semi-autonomous and can choose to fund various qualifying activities, including educational materials, essential developer maintenance, research, and security audits.
Announcements and Updates
- Announcing 2 Research Grants for Lightning Network Privacy1.11 BTC is available from Wasabi Wallet and Dan Gershony. Research applications are now open through March 14th.
- The MAGIC Monero Fund Is Now Accepting Research Grant ApplicationsThe MAGIC Monero Fund is now accepting applications for research grants focused on improving the Monero protocol and ecosystem.
- Welcoming the Inaugural MAGIC Monero Fund CommitteeFive Monero community members will advise on fund decisions.
- Comparing MAGIC Funds and GitcoinGitcoin is often discussed in charitable cryptocurrency conversations, but it is not a charity.
- Code audit for Lelantus Spark in FiroWe have opened a campaign to assist the Firo community in raising funds for a code audit of Lelantus Spark
- Announcing the MAGIC Monero FundThis community-driven fund will support the Monero ecosystem
- New website!Our new website will help MAGIC Grants grow
- Support the 2021 Defcon Cryptocurrency VillageThe Defcon Cryptocurrency Village is an opportunity to educate security professionals about cryptocurrencies.
- Announcing our 2021 Scholarship Recipients!Three students were selected for undergraduate scholarships for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Dr. Sarang Noether to Implement Bulletproofs+ in MoneroBulletproofs+ will further reduce transaction sizes and verification time for Monero.