MAGIC Grants is a public charity that provides undergraduate scholarships for students interested in cryptocurrencies and privacy, supports cryptocurrency public payment infrastructure, and supports privacy.
Newsletter and Discord
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
MAGIC Grants offers undergraduate scholarships to students interested in cryptocurrencies, regardless of pursued degree. Applications typically open in late March and close in mid July. Click here to learn more.
MAGIC Funds and Public Infrastructure
MAGIC Grants supports various cryptocurrency networks, which we believe are essential public payment infrastructure. MAGIC Grants empowers communities to set up MAGIC Funds for various projects deemed essential. These Funds are semi-autonomous and can choose to fund various qualifying activities, including educational materials, essential developer maintenance, research, and security audits.
Announcements and Updates
- Session Research Campaign Against Messenger CensorshipMAGIC Grants is helping Session research ways for messenger applications to circumvent state-level censorship
- Aram Jivanyan to Research Elliptic CurvesAram Jivanyan is working on improving Lelantus Spark, with an aim to get anonymity sets in the millions
- Special Election for MAGIC Monero FundMajesticBank has been removed from the committee due to inactivty, and a special election will occur for their vacant seat
- MAGIC Monero Fund 2023 Election ResultsWelcoming monerobull, MajesticBank, and artlimber to the committee
- MAGIC Grants Receives $200,000 Donation from Arcadia for Firo EcosystemThis generous donation will go towards research, development, security reviews, and more in the Firo ecosystem
- MAGIC Monero Fund 2023 ElectionVoter applications and committee candidate announcements are now available for the MAGIC Monero Fund committee election in January 2023
- MAGIC Monero Fund Launches FOSS Crowdfunding PlatformThis crowdfunding platform will allow the MAGIC Monero Fund and other funds to raise money for specific projects
- MAGIC Grants Saves Firo Community $8000 for Lelantus Spark AuditThis audit of the Lelantus Spark implementation by HashCloak is essential for the security of the public Firo network
- MAGIC Grants-Funded Research Paper on Monero Ring Signature Resiliency to AI Analysis PublishedThe research was completed over six months and used artificial intelligence to test the strength of ring signatures absent external information, with modest results.
- Announcing our 2022 Scholarship Recipients!Three students were selected for undergraduate scholarships for the 2022-2023 school year.